PRIVACY & COPYRIGHT
Please read the following carefully to understand our policy and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
You can choose to browse the Website and the Apps without disclosing your personal data. You are not required to provide personal data as a condition of using the Website or the Apps, except as may be necessary for us to be able to provide the products and services which you purchase or access through our Website or Apps, respond to your requests, or in cases where you contact us directly.
When you use our Services, we collect a variety of information from and about you, your devices, and your interaction with the Services. Some of this information identifies you directly or can be used to loosely identify you when combined with other data.
1.1 Information You Willingly Provide
When using our Services, you may be asked to provide personal information about yourself, such as your name, contact information, payment information, details about your home or properties you are interested in, financial information. This may occur, for example:
- When you carry out transactions with us on or in relation to the Website or the Apps.
- When you register an account with us on the Website or the Apps.
- When you contact our customer service or sales staff by email, telephone, or in person, to resolve any issues that you may be facing or with inquiries or requests.
- When you subscribe to the services that we are providing on the Website or the Apps, or for our email notifications, and/or newsletters.
- When you correspond with a real estate professional (such as a real estate agent or broker, mortgage lender or loan officer, property manager, investor, homebuilder, or others) via the Services.
- When you complete other forms or transactions, such as Elelong Support forms or Elelong Services forms.
You may also provide information about a third party through the Services, for example, if you share a real estate listing with a recipient via email or sms.
1.2 Cookies, Pixels, And Other Tracking Mechanisms
We and our partners use various technologies to collect information automatically when you access and use our Services, including cookies, and other similar technologies. Cookies are bits of electronic information that can be transferred to your computer or other electronic device to uniquely identify your browser. When you use the Services, we and our partners may place one or more cookies on your computer or other electronic devices or use other technologies that provide similar functionality.
- Some of our pages may also include pixels, which are electronic files to count users who have visited that page, to track activity over time and across different websites, to determine users’ interactions with emails we send, to identify certain cookies on the computer or other electronic device accessing that page, or to collect other related information, and this information may be associated with your unique browser, device identifier, or IP address. We may, for example, implement a pixel on specific Services where you view a certain listing so that we can track whether the listing is of relevance to you while offering recommendations. Through these pixels and cookies we collect information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- We also collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, such as the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, and browsing behaviour.
- We also allow certain third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies when you use the Website or the Apps. These third parties include (a) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on the Website or the Apps, and (b) advertising networks, who collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different web sites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties are non-personally identifiable information which is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on the Website, the Apps, and across the Internet which are tailored to your interests.
- You can manage the type of cookies that are allowed through your browser settings, including completely blocking all cookies if you so wish. For information about how to manage cookies on your browser, please see the help section of the browser you are using.
1.3 Mobile Device And Mobile Browser Information
You may adjust settings on your mobile device and mobile browser regarding cookies and sharing of certain information, such as your mobile device model or the language your mobile device uses, by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to the instructions provided by your mobile service provider or mobile device manufacturer.
1.4 Location Data
If you enable location services on your mobile device, Elelong Services Sdn. Bhd. with your permission may collect the location of your device, which we use to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you wish to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
1.5 Email Management
You may receive email from Elelong Services Sdn. Bhd. for a variety of reasons - for example, if you took an action through the Services, you signed up for a regular report, or you posted your home for sale or rent and a buyer sent you a message. If you have an account with Elelong Services Sdn. Bhd., you may edit your preferences through your account settings. Also, you can manage your receipt of some types of communication by following the instructions included in the email we send you. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain email correspondences, we may still need to email you with important transactional or administrative information.
2. PURPOSES OF USE
2.1 Data Usage
The personal data which you provide may be used and processed by us in the aggregate or individually and may be combined with other information for the purpose of managing and operating the Website and the Apps, the scope of which may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Administering the Website and the Apps.
- Improving your browsing experience by personalising the Website and the Apps
- Enabling your use of the services available on the Website and the Apps.
- Providing to you the products and services that you have specifically requested.
- Responding to your enquiries or requests pursuant to your emails and/or submission of form(s) on the Website or the Apps.
- Responding to and taking follow-up action on complaints regarding the use of the Website, the Apps or any product or service provided by us.
- Sending you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- Performing office and operational administrative matters.
2.2 Data Disclosure
We will not, without your express consent, disclose your personal data to third parties for the purposes of direct marketing. Consent for disclosure of personal data to third parties, for the purposes of receiving marketing communications, is given through our registration form, either online or on paper. If you do not consent, or in the event you decide to withdraw or limit your consent to any of the above-mentioned purposes, kindly inform the Company in the communications or email your request to us. However, please take note that the Company may not be able to provide you with the full range of services that may be of your interest or to your benefit if you decide to withdraw or limit your consent.
3.1 Data Integrity
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data. Regarding auction related information, we will take care to prevent such information, especially information of your clients, from reaching third parties without your consent.
3.2 Data Encryption
We will store all the personal data you provide on secure servers in an encrypted format.
3.3 Data Protection
You however understand that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to the Website or the Apps; any transmission is at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website or the Apps, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. We will NEVER ask you for your password other than when you log in to the Website or the Apps, as the case may be.
We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using our services on a shared or unsecured device.
4. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
4.1 Data Integrity
In order to manage and operate the Website and the Apps, we may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our affiliates and subsidiaries. We may also disclose your personal data to third parties such as our service providers and professional advisors for the following purposes:
- To comply with any legal requirement; to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- To protect our rights, property, and safety, and the rights, property and safety of our affiliates and subsidiaries, other users of the Website or the Apps, and others.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In connection with a business asset transaction (i.e. the purchase, sale, lease, merger or amalgamation or any other acquisition, disposal or financing of an organisation or a portion of an organisation or of any of the business or assets of an organisation) to which we are a party or a prospective party.
5. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
6. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website and the Apps may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and vendors. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. ACCESS AND CORRECTION
All requests for information or requests for the amendment of information held by us shall be made by informing the Company in the communications or email your request to us.
We may refuse to disclose or amend any personal data for the reasons set out in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
As far as reasonably possible, we will respond to your request within ten (10) working days from the date of receipt of the request. If that is not possible, you will be so notified within ten (10) working days from the date of receipt of the request.
We shall not be liable for any voluntary disclosure of personal data by you to other users in connection with the use of the Website or the Apps, as the case may be.
9. CONTACT US
Should you require further information about the treatment of your personal data by us, please do not hesitate to contact us.